Not to sound uber sarcastic about the title, but every year people send out their resolutions, and while I do have goals that I want to continue this new year of 2017, I don’t want to post something and then have someone else remind me (mostly here in person, fyi) that I didn’t follow through with them.
One thing that I do, is that I keep a notepad app on my phone and I write down things that I am working on so I can continue to do what I think is best for me. Then I can also better myself along the way. It’s something that I look at when I start to slowly panic about the future, and as long as I have the space on my phone, it’s a great little tidbit to help me.
I hope to continue my goals throughout the new year, and I hope to continue to post about things that happen in my life so that I can be positive. But for my goals for the new year (they are not in any particular order):
- Continue weight loss. This one is a given, I lost 14.6 pounds in the last year, and that’s over 2 months and that makes me so thrilled. In 2 months, I made something possible, such as losing weight.
- Remain positive. I know that it’s easier said than done, but I have realized that the more I stay positive, the less my depression/anxiety hinder me.
- Continue blogging. This has been life changing for me, because I know now that people are around me that care, and they aren’t “mean people on the internet”.
- Apply for graduate school. I want to start by next August. Which means it’s time that I get my life in order, and I know that I can do it. I know that it may stress me out, but it’s completely doable.
- Have a great year. And just in general, I’m ready for the year to whiz by – and that everything goes smoothly. Life is difficult and issues arise, but I want to remember all great things, and just enjoy everything.
I know that it’s generic. But as I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized that it doesn’t matter with what I have, as long as I’m happy. Yes, sometimes I want materialistic goods – because who doesn’t? (my weakness is makeup and clothes, though)
Boyfriend and I may argue, but as long as we have each other, I know that I’ll be happy. I may lose my job, but I have the skills to overcome anything. I can work anywhere, and I can be great at whatever I do. I have learned this about myself, and because of that, I welcome 2017.