Happy New Year’s Eve!
Turns out my old roommate is in town, and the boyfriend and I are going to go visit him. He is in the Navy and is stationed somewhere in California (I’ve asked, but I can’t remember so oh well…) When I got the news that I had to find somewhere to live when my roommate wanted to leave (she had her name on the lease so) I was talking to my boyfriend about it and his roommate was basically “Why don’t you live with us to make the rent cheaper?“
So he’s pretty awesome. My boyfriend and had only been going out for maybe six months at the time (but we’ve known each other for years) and I had never lived with anyone before that was a guy I was interested in, so it was interesting and I had to move my life around, but it’s been 2.5 years now, and everything seems okay. (Boyfriend and I have been dating for over 3 years now, but you get what I mean)
So, we’re going to Midwest City tonight to bring in the New Year, and I went to my final weight watchers meeting of the year this morning, and everything has been pretty nice and relaxing today, which I am really thankful for.
I have some goals that I hope to achieve for the new year, but at this moment, I’m really happy with how 2016 went, because I did accomplish a lot this year:
- I graduated. I graduated this August (technically) with my bachelor’s degree in General Sociology, and it took me six years, but I graduated, and that’s an amazing accomplishment.
- I faced some of my fears. I confronted people that I was afraid of this year, and while it took me a lot of courage to do it, I am a better person because of it.
- I cut people out of my life. This was hands down the hardest thing that I had to do this year, but cutting people out of my life relaxed me and cut down my stress almost instantly. Some people burnt my bridge and I’m confused to do next if I see them again, but for today, I’m happy.
- I confronted my weight. I have been overweight all my life, and I never really tried to the extent that I’m trying now, and that gives me some positivity that I’m going to continue next year.
- I am more interested in being positive. My life has changed more just by making this decision.
Here are five things at the bare minimum that I’ve accomplished this year. And I’m not typing them out so I can just throw them out of the window and continue down a path that I’m not truly interested in – but in order to move forward we need to count all the things that we’ve accomplished. (woah a long sentence)
I’m thankful to see that my friend set up a makeup tips wordpress (that I don’t think she ever finished) but it opened a door to where I could type out my feelings and thoughts. So thank you for that friend. And even though I have 34 followers, that is 34 people who are a bit interested in what I have to discuss, so thank you.
Hope everyone has a great night, and once again,
Happy New Year